Woodwind.OrgThe Clarinet BBoardThe C4 standard

  BBoard Equipment Study Resources Music General    
 New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Help/Rules  |  Smileys/Notes  |  Log In   Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Re: Bb side trill key
Author: Mark P. Jasuta 
Date:   2003-04-01 15:00

A poppet valve is a type of valve that is all the way open or shut and not in between. Using a poppet type valve to vary, (throttle) results in flow noise and an unstable flow. They can be made of any material that suites the application. The membrane vibration on a clarinet pad is a separate issue. I usually "iron" the pad to tighten the membrane. This usually works, but if not I either change the pad, or use cork in that spot. (of course you will be going from buzz buzz to thump thump. lol)

Best Regards

 Reply To Message  |  Avail. Forums  |  Flat View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

 Topics Author  Date
 Bb side trill key  new
sfalexi 2003-03-30 00:57 
 Re: Bb side trill key  new
wjk 2003-03-30 13:15 
 Re: Bb side trill key  new
Gordon (NZ) 2003-03-30 13:43 
 Re: Bb side trill key  new
Don Berger 2003-03-30 14:24 
 Re: Bb side trill key  new
Mark P. Jasuta 2003-03-31 16:33 
 Re: Bb side trill key  new
Gordon (NZ) 2003-04-01 02:12 
 Re: Bb side trill key  new
Mark P. Jasuta 2003-04-01 15:00 
 Re: Bb side trill key  new
David Spiegelthal 2003-04-01 16:41 

 Avail. Forums  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Remember my login:
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Search Woodwind.Org

Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

The Clarinet Pages
For Sale
Put your ads for items you'd like to sell here. Free! Please, no more than two at a time - ads removed after two weeks.

     Copyright © Woodwind.Org, Inc. All Rights Reserved    Privacy Policy    Contact charette@woodwind.org