Advertising and Web Hosting on Woodwind.Org!

Klarinet Archive - Posting 000044.txt from 2003/10

From: (Ormondtoby Montoya)
Subj: [kl] "pan flute" articulation
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 21:18:32 -0400

This is a bit off topic, and I ask only because a performance stimulated
my curiosity. There is an instrument with single-pitched flutes glued
together, and you play it by moving your mouth from one flute to the
next. I call it a "pan flute", but this may be the wrong name.

What I'm wondering is: does the player use diaphragm or tongue or
neither when moving between unslurred notes?

Thank you, if anyone knows.

Klarinet is a service of Woodwind.Org, Inc.

     Copyright © Woodwind.Org, Inc. All Rights Reserved    Privacy Policy    Contact