Advertising and Web Hosting on Woodwind.Org!

Klarinet Archive - Posting 000491.txt from 2001/05

From: "Ragnhild Kristine Brekke" <rkbrek99@-----.no>
Subj: SV: SV: [kl] since we're talking about bass clarinet.....
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 11:55:54 -0400

hi,
the reason I was asking is becaus I love the x-files, and I'd love to =
get to hear it.. and of course, it'd be interesting to know if it was =
acoustic or electronical as you say too! ..and maybe even who's =
playing?Was it in a recent episode - ie. one from season 8? because i've =
only seen the 5 first of that (we don't get it on tv here in Norway yet, =
but I have a friend in France who has burned them on cd's for me)
Ragnhild

----- Opprinnelig melding -----=20
Fra: "William Wright" <Bilwright@-----.net>
Til: <klarinet@-----.org>
Sendt: 20. mai 2001 13:39
Emne: Re: SV: [kl] since we're talking about bass clarinet.....

>> <><> Ragnhild wrote:
>> which [X-Files] episode?
>>=20
> I don't remember. I use my VCR a lot and episodes are 2-6 weeks
> old by the time I finally watch them. (I have to practice first, you
> know! <grin> )
>=20
> What I *do* remember is my difficulty of deciding whether it was
> 'acoustic' or 'electronic' music --- and if it was acoustic (before
> being electronically enhanced), was it bassoon or bass clarinet? I
> decided that it was 'acoustic' bass clarinet. The electronic
> enhancement (I assume) is what made it difficult to decide.
> More important, I was disquieted that I couldn't be certain. I
> remember being astounded at the end of Crouching Tiger that I had been
> listening to Yo Yo Ma all along, and I wondered if this was a similar
> situation wherein a virtuoso had done more with his/her instrument =
than
> most musicians can do?
> Therefore I posted in hopes that someone here could say for
> certain, "I have film studio experience, and I can assure you that
> X-Files does/doesn't use live musicians." Or perhaps even: "Didn't =
you
> know that <virtuoso's name> plays for X-Files?"
>=20
> ....and of course, my experience of really liking thos music =
forced
> me to ponder the merits of electronic vs. acoustic as a medium.
> Normally acoustic wins for me, but the music in this particular =
episode
> was just too delicious....
>=20
> Cheers,
> Bill
>=20
>=20
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Unsubscribe from Klarinet, e-mail: klarinet-unsubscribe@-----.org
> Subscribe to the Digest: =
klarinet-digest-subscribe@-----.org
> Unsubscribe from the Digest: =
> Additional commands: klarinet-help@-----.org
> Other problems: klarinet-owner@-----.org
>=20
>=20

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Unsubscribe from Klarinet, e-mail: klarinet-unsubscribe@-----.org
Subscribe to the Digest: klarinet-digest-subscribe@-----.org
Additional commands: klarinet-help@-----.org
Other problems: klarinet-owner@-----.org

   
     Copyright © Woodwind.Org, Inc. All Rights Reserved    Privacy Policy    Contact charette@woodwind.org