Advertising and Web Hosting on Woodwind.Org!

Klarinet Archive - Posting 001306.txt from 2000/04

From: Don Longacre <>
Subj: [kl] Re: wetting agent
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 21:15:13 -0400

Chris asks:
>What is this wetting agent normally used for, and where can I get some?


Foto-flo is used in photography in development solutions, a drop or two
will improve chemical reaction by impeding water surface tension, improving
water soluable or water uptake situations or alter the uptake of moisture.
On a surface on which water tends to "bead up" the addition of a wetting agent
to the water will allow it to flow evenly on a thin film across the surface.
It permits water to get at small areas by dissolving miniscule lipid or fatty
products left by hands or contact with other material. A drop of ordinary
dish soap detergent will do the same. OK, thats what it is. Foto-Flo is
available in photographic supply shops, a small bottle will last forever.
If keeping reeds wet is a problem, a wetting agent will enhance water uptake.
Just flush the reed with new water if one has objections.

Don Longacre

Unsubscribe from Klarinet, e-mail:
Subscribe to the Digest:
Additional commands:
Other problems:

     Copyright © Woodwind.Org, Inc. All Rights Reserved    Privacy Policy    Contact