Klarinet Archive - Posting 001422.txt from 1998/03
From: "Dan Leeson: LEESON@-----.edu>
Subj: Sabine Meyer and "A Night at the Opera"
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 22:07:19 -0500
I don't buy many records because I listen to them once and then
rarely again. But I happened to be in a record store and they had
a big section of clarinet soloists so I was poking around it it
can came across a recording of Meyer playing a variety of works,
several of them with no operatic connections whatsoever, under
the generic title "A Night at the Opera."
Very, very impressive!
The recording contains:
1. Rigoletto fantasy
2. Dies Bildnis aria from Magic Flute
3. Danzi's variations on La ci darem la mano from Don Giovanni
4. Weber's Leise, leise from Freischutz
5. Weber's Op 33 theme and variations
6. Rossini's Una voce poco fa from Barber of Seville
7. Rossini's Into, Theme, and Variations
Orchestral accompaniment by the Zurich opera orchestra conducted
by Franz Welser-Most.
She certainly plays magnificently.
Dan Leeson, Los Altos, California
Rosanne Leeson, Los Altos, California