Klarinet Archive - Posting 000655.txt from 1997/09
From: John Aleksander <alekfam@-----.com>
Subj: Naming Instruments, Buffet, Grenadilla Wood
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 17:12:04 -0400
I have a few questions/comments about a couple different things.
1) My Buffet E-12 is named Cleopatra, and my old Selmer is Claire.
2) I was looking through my pile of music stuff the other day, adn I found
the reed that came with my Buffet clarinet. Buffet made it, but it's only a
2. I tried it and liked the tone. Does anyone know if these are sold
commercially or just given out with new clarinets? Also, if they are sold,
what would be the comparable size for a 3.5 Mitchell Lurie reed?
3) The Buffet R-13 has been mentioned a lot, and (as I said) I have an E-12.
How do these compare?
4) I'm doing a report on the depletion of grenadilla wood. Does anyone know
of any good web pages/other referencesabout this?