2013 National Collegiate Solo Competition
The United States Army Band “Pershing’s Own,” is pleased to announce the call
for entries for the 2013 National Collegiate Solo Competition!
The winner of this competition will perform as featured soloist with The U.S.
Army Concert Band and earn an all-expenses paid trip to spend a week in Washington, DC.
The 2013 National Collegiate Solo Competition winner will perform on the West Steps
of the U.S. Capitol the weekend of June 20-21, 2013.
* Open to woodwind, brass, and percussion instrumentalists currently enrolled in
a college, university, or conservatory in the United States.
* Must be age 27 or under as of January 1, 2013.
* Repertoire selected by applicant must exist as a published band arrangement.
* Application packet with CD must be postmarked by March 22, 2013.
* Submit a CD recording of applicant performing up to two movements of musical
selection with piano accompaniment.
* Completed and signed application with CD must be postmarked by Friday, March 16, 2012.
* Label CD with applicant’s name and title of piece performed.
Winner will be notified once CD evaluation is completed.
For additional information and application form, please visit our website
(http://www.usarmyband.com) or contact SSG Leigh Lafosse (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Back to the Calendar